13 Feb 2020, Thu
Career Opportunity: Front Office Administrator
We’re a leading company in the petroleum industry and we’re looking for a front office administrator to join our team at our Durban head office.
For a detailed description of what we require, please see below…
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the switchboard – answering, screening and directing incoming telephone calls, and taking and relaying messages as appropriate
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures
- Receive visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them
- Ensure the front office area is always tidy and presentable.
Customer Care Duties
- Act as a company frontline brand ambassador
- Develop a strong understanding of company’s products and the industries it services
- Handle customer care queries – providing basic and accurate company, brand, marketing, sales and finance information, as appropriate
- Follow up with managers/staff and ensuring custom care queries/issues are dealt with appropriately and timeously.
- Office supplies – ensure the office has the necessary groceries, toiletries, cleaning materials, stationery, etc. (online and offline shopping)
- Assist with internal and external events – shopping for supplies, preparation of venue and refreshments, hosting, etc.
- Internet, email, printer and network – take action to maintain service, as required
- Provide general administrative support to office, as required – filing, data capturing and collating, monitoring email inboxes, sourcing and following up on quotations, obtaining PO numbers, etc.
- Manage boardroom bookings
- Host boardroom meetings and events – ensure refreshments are provided for staff and guests, prepare boardroom before and tidy boardroom after meetings
- Take minutes of meetings, as and when required.
- Make appointments, bookings, organising travel arrangements, managing diaries, etc. for managers
- Any other ad hoc duties.
Properties Maintenance Co-ordination
- Supervise the office cleaner and gardener, ensure their tasks are efficiently carried out, and that office and gardens are clean, neat and tidy
- Field, direct and follow-up on issues reported by tenants, and make sure they’re appropriately managed
- Liaise with security service providers and ensure that alarm, electric fence, electric gates, etc. are always in working order.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organised and deadline driven
- Willingness to participate in company events
- Honest and transparent
- Sense of humour.
Interaction with People
- Managing Director
- Chief Financial Officer
- Manager: Media & Marketing
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Department Specialists.
- Matric + Diploma/Degree in Office Management/Office Administration
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office 365
- Strong attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing company correspondence
- Ability to handle stressful situations and/or people
- High level of demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands
- Own transport, and willingness to travel to perform routine duties, as required.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a pleasant working environment and company culture.
Please send your CV, including a clear recent photograph, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about SA Oil here…