SA OIL WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT – EFFECTIVE 1 DECEMBER 2017
THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT FORMS PART OF THE SA OIL’S WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY TERM OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, YOU MUST CEASE YOUR ACCESS OF THIS WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY.
- Definitions and Interpretation
- “SAO” means SA Oil.
- “Personal Information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person and where it is applicable, identifiable, existing juristic person, including all information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- “Processing” means the creation, generation, communication, storage, destruction of personal information as more fully defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- “You” or the “user” means any person who accesses and browses this website for any purpose.
- “Website” means the website of SA Oil at URL www.saoil.co.za or such other URL as SA Oil may choose from time to time.
- Status and Amendments
- Processing of Personal Information
- By providing your personal information to SA Oil you acknowledge that it has been collected directly from you and consent to its processing by SA Oil.
- Where you submit Personal Information (such as name, address, telephone number and email address) via the website (e.g. through completing any online form) the following principles are observed in the processing of that information:
- SA Oil will only collect personal information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required. The specific purpose for which information is
collected will be apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- SA Oil will only process personal information in a manner that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed.
- Personal information will only be processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected, unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose in writing
or SA Oil is permitted in terms of national legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of personal information.
- SA Oil will not disclose any personal information relating to you to any third party unless your prior written agreement is obtained or SA Oil is required to do so by
- Note that, as permitted by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, SA Oil may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
- Collection of anonymous data
- A Oil may use standard technology to collect information about the use of this website. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows SA Oil to collect statistics.
- SA Oil may utilise temporary or session cookies to keep track of users’ browsing habits. A cookie is a small file that is placed on your hard drive in order to keep a record of your interaction with this website and facilitate user convenience.
- Cookies by themselves will not be used to identify users personally but may be used to compile de-identified statistics relating to use of services offered or to provide SA Oil with feedback on the performance of this website.
- The following classes of information may be collected in respect of users who have enabled cookies:
- The browser software used;
- IP address;
- Date and time of activities while visiting the website;
- URLs of internal pages visited; and
- If you do not wish cookies to be employed to customise your interaction with this website it is possible to alter the manner in which your browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this website may not be available.
- SA Oil takes reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to or collected by this website, but cannot under any circumstances be held
liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any personal information by a third party.
- Links to other websites