30 Jul 2019, Tue
Career Opportunity: Junior Digital Marketing Specialist
We’re a leading company in the petroleum industry and we’re looking for a junior digital marketing specialist to join our marketing and media team at our Durban head office.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Manager: Media and Marketing to create memorable marketing material, for various channels.
For a detailed description of what we require, please see below…
Roles and Responsibilities
Candidates should be critical thinkers, with a passion for social media and content marketing. The successful applicant should be willing to learn the ins and outs of digital marketing, be eager to assist their team members, and have an inherent flair for words, excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation skills, and an ability to transition between voice, style and tone for audience and project type.
This position suits a candidate recently completed or studying towards a degree in English, journalism, communications or content marketing from a reputable university.
- Helping research and write long-form and short-form content for different media, in line with content marketing strategies
- Helping grow the company’s reach and engagement through editorial content in line with KPI metrics, increasing interaction and brand consideration.
Social Media Marketing
- Assisting with developing daily, original storytelling
- Helping prep and archive images and other content
- Helping prep, co-ordinate and archive social media schedules
- Assist with brand awareness and audience building, in line with social media strategies
- Help implement social media campaigns, and helping advocate for brands in social media spaces
- Helping with gathering and compiling social media analytics.
Search Engine Marketing
- Assisting with crafting content in line with SEO principles
- Assisting with weekly/monthly SEO checklists
- Assisting with tracking and maintaining SERP rankings
- Helping with gathering and compiling Google Analytics.
- Uploading content to websites and social media
- Assisting with ad hoc marketing activities, as required, e.g. market research, sourcing quotes, compiling media packs, maintaining press clippings book, marketing databases, analytics reporting, etc.
- Contributing fresh ideas to brainstorming and other marketing planning sessions
- Helping ideate and conceptualise digital experiences
- Researching current industry trends via print media or online
- Support marketing team members in their daily duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism or Communications (currently enrolled in or recently completed)
- Ability to learn new tools quickly, e.g. WordPress, Hootsuite, Office 365, etc.
- A portfolio demonstrating samples of creative works.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organised and deadline driven
- Creative and innovative
- Honest and transparent
- Sense of humour.
Interaction with People
- Marketing Manager
- Content Marketing Specialist
- Visual Marketing Specialist.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a pleasant working environment and company culture.
Please send your CV, including a clear recent photograph, to email@example.com
Find out more about SA Oil here…