1 Nov 2019, Fri
Career Opportunity: Senior Market Development Specialist
We’re a leading company in the petroleum industry and we’re looking for a senior market development specialist to join our business development team at our Durban head office.
The role of the Senior Market Development Specialist is to understand the value the company can bring to its customers and then research markets to identify new opportunities for the company’s products, services and solutions.
For a detailed description of what we require, please see below…
Roles and Responsibilities
To be successful in this role, you must be resourceful, take the initiative to research the industry, potential customers and their business models, and conduct needs analyses to suggest the right fuel solutions for their applications. You will be responsible for developing an in-depth knowledge of industry verticals, providing an exceptional level of client-focused interaction and communication with potential customers, be martech-oriented with an understanding of what motivates customer behaviour during each stage of the Buyers Journey, as well as having the ability to identify and overcome sales objections to close the deal.
Prospecting and Acquisition – Outbound
- Identify and build a database of prospects through multichannel lead generation activities (digital and traditional), including email, telephone, print and media publications, directories, trade shows/expos/events, mining marketing databases and analytics, face-to-face and social media networking, etc.
- Call prospects to understand their business model, purchase decision makers, decision making process and criteria, and their needs
- Present/provide brand, product and service offering, along with prospect-specific value proposition via face-to-face and/or digital channels.
Consideration and Conversion – Outbound and Inbound
- Educate prospects by providing further product and service information and marketing material, answering questions, as necessary to nurture leads
- Feed back prospect and lead information to the Inbound Support Specialist to create customer profiles and capture in the CRM, and to Marketing Specialists to build marketing databases
- Work with the Inbound Support Specialist and Energy Engineer to conduct needs analyses, further new business opportunities and build an active sales pipeline
- Work with Finance to ensure financial due diligence is performed
- Address customer queries and needs, as appropriate
- Prepare costings and offers and follow up to closing at assigned intervals.
Retention and Growth – Customer Account Management
- Work with the Logistics Specialists to ensure customer orders are delivered correctly and on time
- Address customer care and facilitate after-sales service
- Identify and work on opportunities for re-selling, upselling and cross-selling
- Understand and use analytics to drive selling opportunities
- Work with Marketing to facilitate drip marketing campaigns.
- Contribute fresh ideas to enhance acquisition, consideration and conversion
- Research current industry trends using digital and traditional resources
- Assist with ad-hoc activities, as required
- Keep up to date with current sales techniques and tools.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a pleasant working environment and company culture.
Please send your CV, including a clear recent photograph, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about SA Oil here…