6 September 2018, Thursday
Job Vacancy: Petroleum Trading Specialist
We’re a leading company in the petroleum industry and we’re looking for a petroleum trading specialist (downstream) to join our team at our Durban head office.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Manager: Sales to both develop new business, and service and grow existing business.
For a detailed description of what we require, please see below…
Roles and Responsibilities
Candidates should be critical thinkers, with an understanding of the energy and petroleum markets, business and the economy at large, and be interested in developing their careers in a results-oriented company.
Sourcing, Supplying and Relationship Management
- Participating in defining specification for petroleum products to be procured and identified as a supply source
- Preparing and implementing a supply plan and schedule for procurement and supply of petroleum products
- Preparing and implementing quality control measures for procurement and supply of petroleum products
- Assisting logistical processes within the petroleum supply and distribution chain in liaison with relevant stakeholders
- Identifying and engaging with potential customers for bulk petroleum products and proposing strategies for meeting their requirements
- Managing and maintaining customer relationships with the key accounts in your portfolio
- Attending to customer requirements and enquiries
- Maintaining and updating the CRM system daily
- Visiting your portfolio of customers as required.
- Managing all correspondence to customers
- Having a follow-up system to ensure all leads are continuously handled
- Filing and general admin duties in the sales department.
Sales and Marketing
- Knowing what your competitors are doing at all times
- Researching and updating the ‘Game Plan’ for existing and potential customers
- Assisting with market surveys/research and carrying out supply and demand analysis to inform management re. procurement and stocking of petroleum products
- Participating with the development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies, including promotions and new products’ development initiatives.
- Degree in Sales, Marketing or Relationship Management
- Proficient in Office 365 – Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- At least 10 years’ experience in Sales, Key Account or Relationship Management, preferably in the petroleum industry.
- Good communication Skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Good networking skills
- Team player.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a pleasant working environment and company culture.
Please send your CV, including a clear recent photograph, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about SA Oil here…