8 October 2018, Monday
Job Vacancy: Business Development Manager
We’re a leading company in the petroleum industry and we’re looking for a business development manager to join our team at our Durban head office.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Managing Director to both develop new business and service and grow existing business.
For a detailed description of what we require, please see below…
Roles and Responsibilities
To be a successful Manager: Business Development and Sales, you will be responsible for defining and rolling out the sales and business development strategies, with the goals of a) acquiring and converting new customers, b) retaining existing customers, c) finding new markets for existing products and d) developing new products for existing markets.
Candidates should be critical thinkers, with an understanding of the energy and petroleum markets, business and the economy at large, and interested in developing their careers in a results-oriented company.
Business Development and Sales Strategies Development and Implementation
- Participate in and develop a business strategy as part of the Executive Management team
- Develop a sales strategy in line with the business strategy
- Manage the company’s strategic business risks in terms of our policies and frameworks
- Implement operational sales and business development strategies
- Establish both market and target customer strategies for the company.
- Manage the Sales Department in line with operational and budget requirements and in accordance with relevant legislation
- Translate the overall sales strategy into section targets, objectives and operational deliverables
- Drive sales team towards expected market penetration and customers/partners satisfaction levels
- Monitor sales team’s performance to ensure achievement of departmental and business goals on an ongoing basis
- Monitor and ensure the effective running of the sales portfolios
- Establish and ensure maintenance of sound relationships with key business stakeholders
- Focus on customer experience and service delivery by ensuring that services are always accessible
- Ensure income targets are met
- Prepare and manage sales budgets
- Approve budgetary expenditures within authorisation limits or delegations
- Review and report on financial performance
- Attend meetings and travel as required by the Managing Director.
Research and Trends Analysis
- Monitor and evaluate company’s customer experience on an ongoing basis
- Identify innovative opportunities
- Analyse competitors, market trends and developments and make recommendations accordingly
- Keep up to date with the latest technological tools and trends as it relates to sales processes and procedures, and client acquisition and retention.
Human Resources and Team Management
- Build and develop a sales department to ensure a legacy (succession planning)
- Talent acquisition and development and mentorship of sales team members
- Management of sales team
- Set performance objectives for members of sales team and for team as a whole
- Conduct staff appraisals and manage remedial action when required
- Encourage collaboration between departments.
- Strategic management skills
- Relationship management skills
- Leadership skills
- Risk management skills
- Networking skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical and statistical skills
- Ability to put together, pitch and close deals
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Interaction with People
- Managing Director
- Manager: Marketing & Media
- Manager: Finance
- Manager: Depots
- Sales Specialists
- Transport Planning Specialists.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Commerce, Business Management, Sales or similar
- MBA will be advantageous
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- At least 10 years’ experience, at least five of which should be at senior management level.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a pleasant working environment and company culture.
Please send your CV, including a clear recent photograph, to email@example.com.
Find out more about SA Oil here…